[one-users] hardware requirements

Valentin Bud valentin.bud at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 23:59:20 PDT 2014

Hello Cyrill,

When you say hardware requirements are you referring to the OpenNebula
frontend node and/or compute nodes?

The best answer I can find is 'it depends' :).

I have a couple of OpenNebula deployments in the wild and I will tell you
what
kind of hardware I use. Most probably others have different configurations.

16GB RAM, Intel Quad Core CPU, 1 TB Storage space - Frontend
16GB RAM, Intel Quad Core CPU, 1 TB Storage space - Compute Node

32GB RAM, Intel Quad Core CPU, 2 TB Storage space - Frontend
32GB RAM, Intel Quad Core CPU, 2 TB Storage space - Compute Node

24GB RAM, Intel Quad Core CPU, 2 TB Storage space - Frontend
24GB RAM, Intel Quad Core CPU, 2 TB Storage space - Compute Node

I don't make the Frontend a compute node also because it also has SaltStack
Master installed and I don't want the services on the Frontend node to be
slow
because of virtual workload on top of them.

I think it depends on what kind of services you plan to run on top of your
Cloud when you choose the hardware configuration.

Best,
Valentin