[one-users] Cloud View with Persistent Image

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Fri Oct 10 07:13:19 PDT 2014

Hi

These two are on our radar and probably scheduled for the next release. I
totally agree that we need to simplify the provision process even more.

About feature 1.

We have two issues:

[1] Clone a running VM. http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/2637
[2] Clone a template . http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/2051

Last one includes images (pretty much the procedure outlined by Anandharaj
under "New VM request") and I think this will cover exactly your request.

About feature 2.

We want to add the ability to update any part of a template for VM, most of
it can be done if the VM is running (eg. attach a new disk or nic). Others
like memory can be resized when the VM is powered off. You would not need
to update and recreate the template.

[3] http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/2065

So, I believe we can implement the workflow described by Anandharaj with
these features (and exposing it through Cloud View)...

Thanks for your feedback!

Cheers

Ruben