[one-users] the monitoring tables in OpenNebula 4

Simon Boulet simon at nostalgeek.com
Wed Oct 8 08:45:15 PDT 2014

Hi Steven,

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 11:26 AM, Steven Timm <timm at fnal.gov> wrote:

> We are seeing our OpenNebula 4 database grow very quickly
> due to the large monitoring database.  Our test node has been up
> only 5 days and already we are at almost 5GB of data, this is
> much faster growth than we saw in OpenNebula 3.
> Question--is there a way to purge the monitoring database
> tables so that they don't grow to so big of size?  If so, how?

Look at page 7 from the slides of my last year talk at OpenNebulaConf 2013:

http://www.slideshare.net/SimonBoulet/open-nebulaconf-2013-monitoring-largescale-cloud-infrastructures-with-opennebula-by-simon-boulet

Not sure if they still apply to the newer versions of OpenNebula, but you
can tweak the monitoring retention intervals with
the HOST_MONITORING_EXPIRATION_TIME and VM_MONITORING_EXPIRATION_TIME
config options.

Simon