[one-users] ONE Virtual Router routing from inside to outside

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Thu Oct 2 01:51:17 PDT 2014

Hi,

no, this is currently not supported, but as you say you could do this with
an iptables script using OpenNebula hooks. I'm not sure whether using the
VR is a good idea since you will route all you're traffic through it, which
would work I think, but it implies changing your current setup. I would go
for the iptables hook.

cheers,
Jaime

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 10:26 PM, Hüning, Christian <
Christian.Huening at haw-hamburg.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have a Virtual Router Appliance working with a VLAN isolated (powered by
> open vSwitch) network of VMs. I can route/forward from the outside network
> to the inner VMs. Now I am facing the requirement to make a connection from
> a VM inside the isolation network to a VM in the outside world. Is there an
> easy or defined way to do that (e.g. easily activating NAT’ting in the VR
> appliance)? Or would I rather have to build something on my own with
> iptables etc?
>

> Cheers,
>
> Christian

> Christian Hüning, BSc.
>
> Fakultät Technik und Informatik, Department Informatik
>
> Berliner Tor 7
>
> 20099 Hamburg
>
> Tel.: +49 40 / 42875 - 8436
>
> Mobil: +49 40 / 180 55 44 5