[one-users] Addtional Disk

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Wed Oct 1 02:45:47 PDT 2014

There are two ways to do it:

* Create a new datablock image and select empty datablock. There you
can set the size and fstype. After that attach the new image to the
VM.
* In the template creation add a volatile disk. This will be created
in VM creation but you wont be able to save the image afterwards. This
is useful for swap and scratch disks you don't want to save when the
VM is deleted.

In both cases the context packages don't mount those disks for you.
You have to manually mount them or add a init script that does that
for you.

On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 9:57 AM, Amier Anis <mymabma at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Team,
>
> How do i define the mapping the additional disk to /mnt/data or
> /var/lib/mysql during bootup the vm. consider i already install vm context
> in my images. hope somebody can advise further to achieve this.
>
> In template, storage tab what is the means these and what is sample value
> should i put
>
> Target =
> Format =
> Device Prefix =
>
> For driver, I'm using qcow image and during upload the image i already
> define driver for qcow2, do in template should i re-define it again?
>
> sorry little bit confusing.
>
> Thanks you.
>
> Regards & Best Wishes,
>

> .: Amier Anis :.
> Mobile: +6012-260-0819
>
> ________________________________
> IMPORTANT:
> This e-mail (including any attachment hereto) is intended solely for the
> addressee and is confidential and privileged. If this should have been sent
> to you in error, you are not to reproduce, distribute or take any action in
> reliance on it. Kindly notify us and delete the e-mail and all attachments
> immediately.
>
> As e-mail and/or attachments may contain viruses and other interfering or
> damaging elements, the receipt and/or downloading of e-mail and/or
> attachments will be at your own risk and we accept no liability for any
> damage sustained as a result of any such viruses; you should carry out your
> own virus checks before opening any attachment.

Javier Fontán Muiños
Developer
www.OpenNebula.org | @OpenNebula | github.com/jfontan