[one-users] problem when attachin volatile disks

Madko madko77 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 06:35:00 PST 2014

Hi,

When I add a new disk to a running instance, I type raw (or anything else)
in the FS format, qcow2 in the driver field and choose vd as device prefix.

I then have an error that the disk.2 is not a qcow2 format. Qemu-img shows
that in fact it's a raw format image that have been created. So I retry
with a raw format and then it works. So how do we attach a disk in qcow2
format?

Moreover, if I choose read only, I still can write/format this disk in the
VM. Is it normal?

best regards,

--
Edouard Bourguignon