[one-users] Multiple HOST_HOOKs in oned.conf ?

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Fri Nov 21 07:23:07 PST 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 4:41 PM, Dmitri Chebotarov <dchebota at gmu.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does oned.conf support multiple HOST_HOOK definitions?
> If it does, are hooks executed in the same order as listed in the
> oned.conf file?
> Or do I need to modify ft/host_error.rb to include desired functionality?
>
> I would like to add one more HOST_HOOK to reset power on HOST ERROR event,
> in addition to already defined ft/host_error.rb.
>
> I'm running 4.8.0.

You can define several hooks, and they will be executed in the same order
they are defined in oned.conf.
But, if I recall correctly, the hooks are launched asynchronously. If you
need to wait for the first hook to finish before launching the second one,
you can create a small wrapper script and launch both from there.

Regards
--
Carlos Martín, MSc
www.OpenNebula.org <http://www.opennebula.org/> | cmartin at opennebula.org |