[one-users] Fwd: OpenVswitch and host crash

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Wed Nov 19 07:38:55 PST 2014

Hi Daniel,

I feel it's best not to trigger automatic recovery actions when a host
fails. The complexity of developing heuristics to deal with all the
technologies OpenNebula leverages would be enormous. And the commands you
had to run in this particular case might change in future Open vSwitch
releases...

That said, I would personally do this outside of OpenNebula, in an rc.local
sort of place. But if you really want to do this within OpenNebula you can
always create a probe that is executed with all the other IM actions, that
checks if Open vSwitch is up and healthy, and otherwise fixes it.

cheers,
Jaime