[one-users] disable the deletion of an instance

Steven Timm timm at fnal.gov
Fri Nov 14 06:44:04 PST 2014

We added an "Are You Sure" command to the onevm delete,
oneimage delete, and onetemplate delete commands, that in itself
has helped a lot. I believe we contributed it back to upstream
but don't know the status.

In general we try to have the important vm's owned by a different
user group than the rest of the users, however that doesn't protect
against fat-fingered admins like myself doing onevm delete on the
wrong VM with oneadmin permission.

Steve

On Fri, 14 Nov 2014, vincent at vanderkussen.org wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On our ONE cloud we deploy images that are part of our "core" infrastructure
> (dns, DB's, Git, ...)and are not volatile at all. Currently these instances
> are viewable between all the other instances that come and go.
>
> Is there a way to disable the deletion of such instances so that it's not
> possible to delete this by "accident".
>
> I was thinking about doing something with ACLs but is there an easier way?
>
> Grts,
> Vincent

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
timm at fnal.gov  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Office:  Wilson Hall room 804
Fermilab Scientific Computing Division,
Currently transitioning from:
Scientific Computing Services Quadrant
Grid and Cloud Services Dept., Associate Dept. Head for Cloud Computing

To:
Scientific Computing Facilities Quadrant.,
Experimental Computing Facilities Dept.,
Project Lead for Virtual Facility Project.