[one-users] OpenNebula, can it help in a VMware based security lab?

Tino Vazquez cvazquez at opennebula.systems
Tue Nov 11 06:20:22 PST 2014

Hi Paul,

Your scenario can be implemented currently with the integration with
OpenNebula and vCenter, with a limitation. You can define a VM
template in vCenter that can later be consumed by your students.

The limitation at the moment is that no attach/detach NIC
functionality is present, so a NIC to a network interconnecting all
the VMs needs to exist in each VM at the time of deployment. At the
time of probing each other networks, that NIC needs to be brought up
(using "if up" for instance if they are using linux).

We are working towards adding the attach/detach NIC functionality in
vCenter in the next OpenNebula release.

Let us know if you need more information about your scenario and OpenNebula.

Best,

-Tino

Constantino Vázquez Blanco, PhD, MSc
Senior Infrastructure Architect | Head of Research at OpenNebula
Systems (formerly C12G Labs)
cvazquez at OpenNebula.Systems | @OpenNebula

--
Confidentiality Warning: The information contained in this e-mail and
any accompanying documents, unless otherwise expressly indicated, is