[one-users] Users can't create VMs with large capacity (in the cloud view)

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Mon Nov 3 09:29:11 PST 2014

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 1:06 PM, Pavel Tankov <
pavel.tankov at strategyobject.com> wrote:

> Does host 0 have enough capacity? Those numbers refer to the allocated
>> capacity, as can be seen in sunstone or the onehost show output.
>>
> Well, capacity could mean many things. I am not sure. See the attached
> screen shot.

The hosts have 2 kinds of capacity: real and allocated.
Real is the cpu/mem as reported by the monitoring probes.
Allocated is the amount of cpu/mem requested by the VMs running on this
host. This is the one used for scheduling.

In your case, the new VM requests 400 cpu. But the host has already
allocated 500 out of 800, this is why the scheduler decides that it doesn't
fit.

Regards
--
Carlos Martín, MSc