[one-users] [ BUG ] opennebula-sunstone-4.6.1-1.x86_64 : Error importing templates

Damon (Albino Geek) albinogeek at gmail.com
Thu May 29 20:18:30 PDT 2014

Hello Mailing List,

This is my first post let alone use for Mailing Lists..
ever; so I probably missed out a lot of important details.

Preface, physical server information:

Processor: Single E5-1650 v2 [ 6/12 @ 3.50 GHz / Ivy Bridge ]
Storage: 2x 6TB HDD [ Local Storage via default data-stores ]

Software types and versions installed:

Operating System: Linux
Version: 6.5
Architecture: x86_64 (64 bit)
Kernel: 2.6.32-431.17.1.el6

opennebula-ruby-4.6.1-1.x86_64
opennebula-sunstone-4.6.1-1.x86_64
opennebula-node-kvm-4.6.1-1.x86_64
opennebula-common-4.6.1-1.x86_64
opennebula-4.6.1-1.x86_64
opennebula-server-4.6.1-1.x86_64

---
The actual issue:
---

After creating a new SunStone + KVM Node configuration, as specified in
your QuickStart documentation [ without NFS configuration, as both the
frontend and backend are on the same server for testing. ]  I have created
the host machine and network in the CLI, then did the following:

I went to the marketplace and attempted to clone the CentOS-6.5-kvm image
available.  Your system was meant to create a template, but failed with
the error "unexpected -".  Even with the "-" removed from the name, the
error persists.  The image is imported, but the template is not [ and thus
must be manually created. ]

---
Steps to Reproduce:
---