[one-users] Public Cloud Guest Isolation

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Mon May 26 06:54:23 PDT 2014

Hi Samuel,

In OpenNebula, network isolation relies mostly in VLANs, which may or not
use Open vSwitch.

In other words, a network is isolated in L2. If you want to connect two L3
networks in the same L2, you will need to add a regular VM acting as a
router. If they're sitting on different L2 network, you will need to create
GRE-tunnels, VPNs, etc...

cheers,
Jaime

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 7:30 PM, Samuel Winchenbach <swinchen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> What options do I have for guest network isolation from one group to
> another?  How about guest networks crossing L3 boundaries?  I am mostly
> interested in Open vSwitch implementations.  The documentation sees to
> cover the APIs for Public cloud, but there isn't much on the networking
> side.
>

> Thanks,
> Sam

Jaime Melis