[one-users] User parameterized template

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Mon May 26 06:05:15 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 4:46 PM, Daniel Dehennin <
daniel.dehennin at baby-gnu.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Trying to factorize the VM template on ONE 4.6.1 for our internal use,
> I'm trying to create a user parametric[1] template for network.
>
> We have one network topology model and want to ease running their VMs in
> their own pre-defined networks[2].
>
> I'm trying to define the template with the following NIC definition:
>
>     NIC=[NETWORK_UNAME="${UNAME}",NETWORK="${UNAME}-net"]
>
> When a user foo instanciate the VM template, I would like ONE to
> “resolve” the NIC definition to:
>
>     NIC=[NETWORK_UNAME="foo",NETWORK="foo-net"]
>
> Is there a way to achive something like this?
>
> Regards.
>
> Footnotes:
> [1]  like for context
> http://docs.opennebula.org/4.6/user/references/template.html#context-section
>
> [2]  not like asked in http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/2125
>
> --
> Daniel Dehennin
> Récupérer ma clef GPG: gpg --recv-keys 0xCC1E9E5B7A6FE2DF
> Fingerprint: 3E69 014E 5C23 50E8 9ED6  2AAD CC1E 9E5B 7A6F E2DF

That syntax is only supported inside the CONTEXT section. You can however
use the network name only:

NIC = [ NETWORK = "foo-net" ]

If you don't provide the network_uname or network_uid, opennebula will look
for the network owned by the user instantiating the template. Bear in mind
that all users must own a network with the same name, otherwise the
deployment will fail.

Regards.

--
Carlos Martín, MSc