[one-users] VM monitoring information do not get deleted

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Wed May 14 14:55:00 PDT 2014

Hi

I confirm the bug, it was introduced to address "Feature #2848: Add a
configuration flag to enable individual VM monitoring".

By default VM monitoring is disable to prevent a tsunami of pro-active VM
monitoring requests in case of massive failure of hypervisors. In that
situation OpenNebula would try to contact the VMs collapsing the drivers
and effectively blocking any other healthy hypervisor.

We are doing a maintenance release (4.6.1) next week, and this will be
solved. In the meantime you can either delete the vm_monitoring table, or
just set VM_INDIVIDUAL_MONITORING to "yes".

Thanks Wilma for the heads up.

Cheers

Ruben

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 11:08 PM, Stefan Kooman <stefan at bit.nl> wrote:

> Quoting Stefan Kooman (stefan at bit.nl):
>
> > After reading the above things start to make sense. We're using a
> > MySQL master-master replication setup, with one oned server as primary
> > master. The amount of network traffic, InnoDB activity, disk throughput,
> > etc have gone up tremendously. See attached images to get an impression.
> > For newly created vm's opening "capacity" or "network" tab this isn't a
> problem, yet.
> > But for vm's that are already running for month's this is a problem. I
> > see the sunstone instance that is serving me dropping out of the
> > load-balancer for not replying to health-checks in time. Just by
> > clicking the "network" tab of a long running vm.
> >
> > If this is a bug I need a workaround soon before running out of disk
> > space ;).
> >
> > Gr. Stefan
> >
> > P.s Thanks for Wilma for spotting this, haven't had time to look into
> > this issue: too busy with reverting back from trusty -> saucy on
> > hypervisors, more on that later.
>
> Pff, added those bloody attachments ;).
>
> Gr. Stefan
>

> --