[one-users] OpenNebula ceph snapshots problem.

Vladislav Gorbunov vadikgo at gmail.com
Wed May 14 07:31:01 PDT 2014

>Can you write me what i need to do to migrate to qcow2 format? I've got running vm's that cannot be "deleted". I tried migrating them form rbd v1 to v2 but this doesn't solved my problem.
You need NFS datastore. Only NFS or SSH datastore support qcow2 file
format. But Opennebula can't move image between datastores.
1. Shutdown vm
2. Convert from ceph to qcow2 format:
export image="vm-disk-1"; qemu-img convert -O qcow2 rbd:`oneimage show
$image|awk '/^SOURCE/ {print $3}'`
/var/lib/one/datastore/123/$image.qcow2
3. Rename ceph image:
oneimage rename $image $image.bak
4. Import qcow2 image to NFS datastore with id 123 for example:
oneimage create -d nfsdatastorename --name $image --type os
--persistent --source /var/lib/one/datastores/123/$image.qcow2
--driver qcow2 --size  `rbd info rados/$image|awk '/size/ {print
$5*4}'`
5. Start vm