[one-users] Importing images to a new installation

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Wed May 14 02:24:12 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 1:11 PM, Sangram Rath <sangram.rath at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We will reinstall opennebula. We have images and templates. Is it possible
> to save them and reimport into the new setup?
>
> Whats the correct process?
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Sangram Rath

We don't have a process to export/import resources.

If you really need to, you can try to automate something with the ruby/java
API:

- OpenNebula will accept xml files as templates to create the new resources
- For the templates you need to save the VMTEMPLATE/TEMPLATE element,
adding the NAME to it.
- For images, save the IMAGE/TEMPLATE, and add the NAME and the SOURCE.
SOURCE points to the final destination inside the datastore, using it
instead of PATH tells opennebula to skip the initial copy.

But there are things that may go wrong. For example, templates will only
work if they reference the Images by name, not by ID.

Regards
--
Carlos Martín, MSc
www.OpenNebula.org <http://www.opennebula.org/> | cmartin at opennebula.org |