[one-users] Limit Storage Bandwidth

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Tue May 13 02:55:21 PDT 2014

OpenNebula currently allows setting CPU shares and max memory for
cgroups [1]. Even if block IO throttling is not directly supported I
think you can also use cgroups to throttle the IO. You can find more
info on libvirt support in its documentation [2] and info on cgroups
in RedHat's documentation [3].

I don't have experience with cgroups but I think you can set a common
throttle configuration for all the VMs, set those parameters
individually using libvirt or use a custom hook on VM creation.

[1] http://docs.opennebula.org/4.6/administration/virtualization/kvmg.html#working-with-cgroups-optional
[2] http://libvirt.org/cgroups.html
[3] https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Resource_Management_Guide/ch-Subsystems_and_Tunable_Parameters.html

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 6:42 AM, Rhesa Mahendra
<rhesa at lintasmediadanawa.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Could we limit bandwidth from VM read write into Datastores per second? for
> avoid network outage, thanks and please help
>
> Rhesa Mahendra.

Javier Fontán Muiños
Developer
www.OpenNebula.org | @OpenNebula | github.com/jfontan