[one-users] virtual network cannot get out

Neil Schneider neil at ifxonline.com
Mon May 12 11:42:17 PDT 2014

More data points.

I ran tcpdump on the host through the entire instantiation of a host and
boot up. Although somehow it appeared to get an address from the DHCP
server in the network, I saw no dhcp data. I could see arp conversations
for other hosts on the network, so I would expect it to see everything, if
it passed out of the host interface. The only outside connection through
the bridge should be through em1 on the host.

  tcpdump -nnvvXXSs 1514 -w cloud1.pcap

I used wireshark to look through the file, but did not see any DHCP
conversation, in fact I saw no network traffic whatsoever from the virtual
host. I'm beginning to think either I have the virtual network
misconfigured or opennebula is doing something different than I expect.

onevnet list
  ID USER         GROUP        NAME            CLUSTER      TYPE BRIDGE
LEASES
   0 oneadmin     oneadmin     management      ifx-produc      R manageme
    0
   1 oneadmin     oneadmin     storage         ifx-produc      R storage
    0
   6 oneadmin     oneadmin     public          ifx-produc      R public
    0

 onevnet show 0
VIRTUAL NETWORK 0 INFORMATION
ID             : 0