[one-users] noVNC problem in sunstone after restarting oned.

Wilma Hermann wilma.hermann at gmail.com
Sat May 10 06:54:48 PDT 2014

The message "SecurityError: The operation is insecure." is usually related
to a Same-Origin-Policy problem. Are you using secure websockets for VNC?
If you have Sunstone TLS secured and try to connect to an insecure
websocket for VNC, Firefox blocks that. For Firefox, you need to have both
connections secured to not get this error. And don't use a self-signed
certificate for the server, this would raise the error again (you can setup
your own little CA, that works, but don't use a self-signed server
certificate).

The other option would be to go into the Firefox config (about:config) and
set "network.websocket.allowInsecureFromHTTPS" to "true".

Greetings
Wilma