[one-users] system datastores always have no space

Marius Rex MariusRex at venda.com
Fri May 9 14:55:45 PDT 2014

I am not sure I follow what you are trying to say.  What is the source
of my problem?

All of my datastores, which live on the same NFS mount, exist on the the
monitored host.  They are mounted in /var/lib/one, which matches the
BASE PATH for the datastore.  So I do not know how the NFS mount is not
'properly mounted.'

The output I get from the command you specify is:

[root at kvm04 ~]# /var/tmp/one/im/kvm-probes.d/monitor_ds.sh
kvm /var/lib/one/datastores
DS_LOCATION_USED_MB=1
DS_LOCATION_TOTAL_MB=1409258
DS_LOCATION_FREE_MB=1408682

So it looks the probe is finding available space.  But according to the
output of 'onedatastore' there is no available space.  Thus no VMs can
be created on my KVM host/node.

I am not sure what step or procedure I am missing.  I do not see
anything in
http://docs.opennebula.org/4.6/design_and_installation/quick_starts/qs_centos_kvm.html that I have skipped.

Does it matter that the KVM node already has VMs running on it?
Otherwise the node fits the guide above precisely. The plan is to put
everything under OpenNebula management.  But since the system DS reports
having no space, I cannot launch a single VM, and thus will not be able
to spin any of those machines down to bring them up under OpenNebula
management.

-Marius