[one-users] system datastores always have no space

Marius Rex MariusRex at venda.com
Thu May 8 15:02:34 PDT 2014

Platform: Centos 6.5
versions: opennebula-4.5.80 and opennebula-4.6.0-1

I have been struggling with this for a while with various configurations
and I continually run into the same problem.

I cannot build out a VM as the system volumes always come up with no
space.  I have been trying to reduce variables and now at a very basic
setup: I installed a fresh Centos 6 server and pulled down the latest
stable opennebula RPMs from the official repo.  I am just using local
file systems for everything, and have done nothing beyond installing the
RPM and starting opennebula.  My system volume comes up with no
available room, seemingly no matter what I do.

[oneadmin at trainging ~]$ onedatastore
list
  ID NAME                SIZE AVAIL CLUSTER      IMAGES TYPE DS
TM
   0 system                0M -     -                 0 sys  -
shared
   1 default             6.6G 77%   -                 0 img  fs
shared
   2 files               6.6G 77%   -                 0 fil  fs
ssh

[oneadmin at trainging ~]$ onedatastore show 0
DATASTORE 0
INFORMATION
ID             :
0
NAME           :
system
USER           : oneadmin
GROUP          : oneadmin
CLUSTER        : -
TYPE           : SYSTEM
DS_MAD         : -
TM_MAD         : shared
BASE PATH      : /var/lib/one//datastores/0
DISK_TYPE      : FILE

DATASTORE
CAPACITY
TOTAL:         : 0M
FREE:          : 0M
USED:          : 0M
LIMIT:         : -

PERMISSIONS
OWNER          : um-
GROUP          : u--
OTHER          : ---

DATASTORE
TEMPLATE
BASE_PATH="/var/lib/one//datastores/"
SHARED="YES"
TM_MAD="shared"
TYPE="SYSTEM_DS"

IMAGES

It is the same filesystem the other volumes are on, yet they have
available space.  I have tried two different versions of OpenNebula.  I
have tried different base filesystems.   I have tried custom RPMs.  It
comes up the same every time.

Is there a bug or am I missing something very obvious?

--
Marius Rex
mariusrex at venda.com