[one-users] virtual network cannot get out

Neil Schneider neil at ifxonline.com
Thu May 8 13:07:26 PDT 2014

If I ping the gateway I see only
ARP, Request who-has  from the gateway/firewall for the network with no
answer
and
ICMP echo request from the vm with no response from the gateway/firewall.

So the firewall can't see the vm and the vm can't get responses from the
firewall.

When I try to ping my workstation from the VM I don't see packets entering
or leaving the em1 interface

I do however see ARP, Request who-has 172.16.168.184 tell 172.16.168.154
on vnet0 interface. 154 is the Virtual Machine, 184 is my workstation.

So it's sending ARP requests out the vnet interface but other machines are
ARPing to the em1 interface.

Any clues how I fix this?

Is this a problem with Open vswitch or an error created by Opennebula?