[one-users] can user's RAM quota acount only running/active VMs?

Liu, Guang Jun (Gene) Gene.Liu at alcatel-lucent.com
Fri May 2 13:51:20 PDT 2014

Hi there,

Is there a way to config or twist OpenNebula so that quota management (e.g. RAM) counts resources of active VMs only?

I found the quota management (RAM per user) counts all the VMs which created by a user. We found if the quota only counts the resources from the active VMs, that means more sense. E.g., I have 16RAM quota. I create one VM w/ 16G RAM. Then I save/stop my VM. The system should allow me to create another VM w/ 16G RAM if quota management counts only active VMs.

Thanks!
Gene