[one-users] data store not created in VMHosts

Hyun Woo Kim hyunwoo at fnal.gov
Fri Mar 28 11:40:17 PDT 2014

If HostXML::test_ds_capacity only creates  $DATASTORE_LOCATION/<id> assuming  $DATASTORE_LOCATION itself exists,
my next question here might be,
which code creates  $DATASTORE_LOCATION itself and when?

I don't think I missed an instruction to create  $DATASTORE_LOCATION manually in the ON documentation..
i.e.  $DATASTORE_LOCATION must be created by ON codes (maybe) during the first VM deployment.

But like I described in the original email, our test ON4.4  fails at this.

Hyunwoo Kim
FermiCloud

The $DATASTORE_LOCATION/<id> dir is created by the first VM deployment. That is why in HostXML::test_ds_capacity (called from Scheduler.cc), we use HOST/FREE_DISK as the free space when the ds-id subdir does not exist, to allow the first deployment.
But now it seems that monitor_ds should also consider that $DATASTORE_LOCATION may actually not exist.