[one-users] blktap xen 4.2 and opennebula 4.2

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Fri Mar 28 04:36:39 PDT 2014

Is it possible that you have a driver defined in the image you are
attaching? An explicit driver takes precedence over the default one
configured.

Still, I've made the test with a vanilla OpenNebula 4.2 installation
and the tips I've sent you work nicely. To test this I've changed the
prefix to a wrong one so we can see the command:

* Changed /var/lib/one/remotes/vmm/xen4/xenrc and set this line:

export DEFAULT_FILE_PREFIX="this:should:not:work"

* Executed "onehost sync" as oneadmin user. This part is very
important as the nodes have a copy of driver files (remotes) and we
need to update those files in the nodes when we modify something in
the frontend.

* Waited for the next monitoring cycle of all nodes. In OpenNebula 4.2
the copy of remotes is done in the monitorization phase

* Attach disk:

$ onevm disk-attach 0 --image data

* Got the error:

ERROR="Fri Mar 28 12:41:33 2014 : Error attaching new VM Disk: Could
not attach this:should:not:work:/home/one/one/install-4.2/var//datastores/0/0/disk.1
(sda) to one-0"

Developer
www.OpenNebula.org | @OpenNebula | github.com/jfontan