[one-users] Native GlusterFS support

Stefan Kooman stefan at bit.nl
Mon Mar 24 13:03:44 PDT 2014

Quoting Javier Fontan (jfontan at opennebula.org):
> Now that the packages for OpenNebula 4.6 beta are ready is anyone
> willing to give a shot to the gluster integration? Any feedback is
> welcome.
>
> Post: http://opennebula.org/native-glusterfs-image-access-for-kvm-drivers/
> Packages: http://opennebula.org/software/
> Documentation: http://docs.opennebula.org/4.6/administration/storage/gluster_ds.html

I'm trying glusterfs on Ubuntu Saucy (frontend) and Ubuntu Trusty
(nodes). I've followed the documentation but something is not working.
Might be me missing something here.

DATASTORE 101 INFORMATION
ID             : 101
NAME           : gluster_gv0_ds
USER           : oneadmin
GROUP          : oneadmin
CLUSTER        : -
TYPE           : IMAGE
DS_MAD         : shared
TM_MAD         : shared
BASE PATH      : /var/lib/one//datastores/101
DISK_TYPE      :

DATASTORE CAPACITY
TOTAL:         : 0M
FREE:          : 0M
USED:          : 0M
LIMIT:         : -

PERMISSIONS
OWNER          : um-
GROUP          : u--
OTHER          : ---

DATASTORE TEMPLATE
BASE_PATH="/var/lib/one//datastores/"
CLONE_TARGET="SYSTEM"
DISK_TYPE="GLUSTER"
DS_MAD="shared"
GLUSTER_HOST="gluster1:24007"
GLUSTER_VOLUME="gv0"
LN_TARGET="NONE"
TM_MAD="shared"
TYPE="IMAGE_DS"

oneadmin at oned1:~$ onedatastore list
  ID NAME                SIZE AVAIL CLUSTER      IMAGES TYPE DS       TM
   0 system            215.9G 92%   -                 0 sys  -        shared
   1 default           215.9G 92%   -                 1 img  fs       shared
   2 files              17.6G 38%   -                 0 fil  fs       ssh
 100 ceph_one_ds           1T 91%   -                 2 img  ceph     ceph
 101 gluster_gv0_d         0M -     -                 0 img  shared   shared

It reports "0M" - AVAIL. The "system" and "default" datastores are mounted
glusterfs volume (so glusterfs does work on frontend/nodes).

If I try to import an image from marketplace I get the following error:

[ImageAllocate] Cannot determine Image SIZE. Datastore driver 'shared'
not available.

Gr. Stefan