[one-users] Shutting down a VM

Vassilis Vatikiotis vatikiot at iit.demokritos.gr
Fri Mar 21 04:59:57 PDT 2014

Carlos, thanks for your answer.

Is there a way of restarting a VM which has been shutdown from within,
i.e. not using thge onevm command/Sunstone command? Whenever I try to
do such a thing a get a Wrong state error, in Sunstone.

Regards

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 12:01 PM, Carlos Martín Sánchez
<cmartin at opennebula.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 6:25 PM, Vassilis Vatikiotis
> <vatikiot at iit.demokritos.gr> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> shutdown down a VM from within this VM using shutdown or poweroff
>> stops? the VM leaving it in State: Active and LCM State: Unknown. The
>> VM template has been configured with ACPI and acpid runs inside the
>> VM.
>>
>> Is it possible to use the linux commands (shutdown/poweroff) to bring
>> a VM down and OpenNebula reporting this particular VM as being
>> stopped?
>>
>> Regards
>

> It's not possible at the moment, but this is something that has been
> discussed before in the list, and we have a ticket [1] planned for 4.8.
>
> Regards
>
> [1] http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/2452
>
> --
> Carlos Martín, MSc
> Project Engineer
> OpenNebula - Flexible Enterprise Cloud Made Simple
> www.OpenNebula.org | cmartin at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula

Vassilis. Vatikiotis
Systems & Network Engineer
Institute of Informatics & Telecommunications
NCSR Demokritos, Greece