[one-users] Copy image on Ceph to file-based datastore

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Fri Mar 21 02:57:33 PDT 2014

Hi,

Have you benchmarked Online write-through caching / Online write-back / Offline
write-back ?

Are you proposing we should allow the three options or just stick to one?

Anyways, this sounds like an amazing addon :)
http://opennebula.org/addons/create/

It'd be nice if in the machine template where you specify individual
> disks, if you could state what caching mode to use.  Alternatives would
> be to specify it in the image template or (least favourable) in the
> datastore template.

If I understood correctly, you can use the CACHE option here:
http://docs.opennebula.org/4.4/user/references/template.html#persistent-and-clone-disks

although it might need a change in order to be able to specify the target
cache. How do you think the interface should be?

cheers,
Jaime

--
Jaime Melis