[one-users] Sunstone noVNC with WSS support

Wilma Hermann wilma.hermann at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 09:40:46 PST 2014

Hi Valentin,

> Last time I checked, my CA looked pretty real to me
Admittedly, "real" might have been the wrong word. Probably "common"
would have better described what I meant.

> And why is that? Is Verisign's random number generator better than yours?
No, but their root certificate is shipped with every common browser
out there, even on mobile devices.

> None of the RFCs I've read about PKI don't tell me that I SHOULD NOT use
> self signed certs for production environments.
Fair enough, that's true. And when you have an environment where you
can ensure that all users have your root certificate installed, then
there's no downside of a private CA-infrastructure. But from ML's
comments I assumed that this particular OpenNebula installation is to
be opened to the public (or at least an audience where ML cannot make
sure that the root certificate is trusted by default).
If that assumption holds and you're not willing to spend a few dollars
for an uninterrupted user-experience, then I question your business
model...

Greetings
Wilma