[one-users] use of image CACHE attribute in images

Olivier Sallou olivier.sallou at irisa.fr
Wed Mar 26 04:40:55 PDT 2014

Hi,
I have opennebula 4.2 over KVM and was trying to use the CACHE attribute
to set it to  'writeback' (according to
http://archives.opennebula.org/documentation:archives:rel4.2:template#i_o_devices_section).
I indeed face very slow disk I/O though using ext3 filesystem and virtio.

I have tagged my image with a tag CACHE, but I do not see it in
generated template. I have the DEV_PREFIX (used for virtio), but no CACHE.

Any idea of what is going wrong ? There is no eror in the logs

Thanks

Olivier

--
Olivier Sallou
IRISA / University of Rennes 1

gpg key id: 4096R/326D8438  (keyring.debian.org)
Key fingerprint = 5FB4 6F83 D3B9 5204 6335  D26D 78DC 68DB 326D 8438