[one-users] Ceph image creation works ... but disk is empty (ONE 4.6 beta)

Stefan Kooman stefan at bit.nl
Tue Mar 25 06:12:56 PDT 2014

Hi List,

I've setup a 5 node ceph cluster and 2 kvm nodes. Everything is working
fine. Ceph cluster is healthy, etc. I'm able to list images on the
frontend, kvm nodes. Datastore is added succesfully:

DATASTORE 100 INFORMATION
ID             : 100
NAME           : ceph_one_ds
USER           : oneadmin
GROUP          : oneadmin
CLUSTER        : -
TYPE           : IMAGE
DS_MAD         : ceph
TM_MAD         : ceph
BASE PATH      : /var/lib/one//datastores/100
DISK_TYPE      : RBD

DATASTORE CAPACITY
TOTAL:         : 1T
FREE:          : 967.1G
USED:          : 42.1G
LIMIT:         : -

PERMISSIONS
OWNER          : um-
GROUP          : u--
OTHER          : ---

DATASTORE TEMPLATE
BASE_PATH="/var/lib/one//datastores/"
BRIDGE_LIST="oned1"
CEPH_HOST="ceph1 ceph2 ceph3"
CEPH_SECRET="e6ba4d0a-0e20-4a3a-9053-0a7ef50a02b9"
CEPH_USER="libvirt"
CLONE_TARGET="SELF"
DISK_TYPE="RBD"
DS_MAD="ceph"
LN_TARGET="NONE"
POOL_NAME="one"
TM_MAD="ceph"
TYPE="IMAGE_DS"

IMAGES
8
9

However, If I import an image from the marketplace it gets registered
succesfully. But actually the image is empty:

qemu-img info rbd:one/one-9
image: rbd:one/one-9
file format: raw
virtual size: 0 (0 bytes)
disk size: unavailable

Image details:

IMAGE 9 INFORMATION
ID             : 9
NAME           : centos_ceph_test
USER           : oneadmin
GROUP          : oneadmin
DATASTORE      : ceph_one_ds
TYPE           : OS
REGISTER TIME  : 03/24 10:47:10
PERSISTENT     : Yes
SOURCE         : one/one-9
PATH           : http://marketplace.c12g.com/appliance/4fc76a938fb81d3517000002/download/0
SIZE           : 10G
STATE          : rdy
RUNNING_VMS    : 0

PERMISSIONS
OWNER          : um-
GROUP          : ---
OTHER          : ---

IMAGE TEMPLATE
DEV_PREFIX="hd"
MD5="94176fbba17f5efcabb0b05fc55b1a16"

I've manually created a qemu-image (qemu-img convert -f qcow2 -O raw
debian_squeeze.qcow2 rbd:one/debian2) and made a libvirt xml based on
openenbula default.  That image just works. Everything seems to be in
order, no errors anywhere, but result in empty images nevertheless.

Gr. Stefan