[one-users] Configure hosts to use qemu without kvm hardware acceleration

Marco Fanti marco.fanti at studenti.polito.it
Tue Mar 25 01:41:37 PDT 2014

Hi all,
I'm building a testing environment and I need to use some kvm virtual
machines as host nodes.
Since I cannot enable the hardware acceleration inside a virtual machine*,
I'd like to know how to configure a host node like the configuration that
there is in the kvm sandbox (that actually use qemu-kvm with the parameter
-no-kvm).
As frontend node and host nodes I'm using Debian 7, and opennebula is
installed from the .deb packages for Debian 7 downloaded from the
opennebula website.

Thank you all,
Marco Fanti

*I know it is possible to enable nested kvm inside kvm, the guide is
http://palexster.wordpress.com/2013/03/06/enable-nested-virtualization-on-kvm/
,
BUT this features has a lot of bug, especially in the "old" versions of kvm
like the one in Debian Stable, so I'd like a more stable solution, like to
use qemu without kvm as in the kvm sandbox