[one-users] Architecture advice

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 09:35:53 PDT 2014

Hi to all
i'm planning a brand new cloud infrastructure with opennebula.
I'll have many KVM nodes and 3 "management nodes" where I would like
to place OpenNebula, Sunstone and something else used to orchestrate
the whole infrastructure

Simple question: can I use these 3 nodes to power on OpenNebula (in
HA-Configuration) and also host some virtual machines managed by
OpenNebula ?

For example:

node1 (the same for all 3):
 - Debian Wheezy with KVM
 - One manually-created KVM virtual machine with OpenNebula on it (and
keepalived/ucarp for redundancy)
 - Many KVM virtual machines managed by OpenNebula

First KVM virtual machine will obviously manually managed, because
OpenNebula can't manage it self.

In this case I'll have a full virtualized infrastructure, with just 3
virtual machine out of opennebula (the opennebula machines itself)
Evertything else will be managed by opennebula.

Any suggestions ? Probably i'll use 2 distinct LVM volume groups to
split OpenNebula VM and VM storage used by VM managed by opennebula.