[one-users] Require Windows.qcow2 tarball

Carlo Daffara carlo.daffara at cloudweavers.eu
Thu Jun 26 15:53:45 PDT 2014

You have to take three separate steps:
- load the iso image as a CD within opennebula,
- create the template for the initial installation,
- after the installation, remove the CD from the template and you have your reusable windows image.
If you already have the iso file, just upload within Sunstone, by creating a new image of type CDROM.
After that, create a template with 2 storage units: the cd image you have uploaded, and a datablock of the desired size, marked persistent so that modifications
will remain.
Instantiate the template, and you will be guided in the installation of windows on the datablock; after completed (and updated, and downloaded service packs and whatever)
shut down the machine, change the datastore image you created into type "OS", remove the cd from the template and you're set. If you use kvm, it may be especially worthwile to install the
windows paravirtualized drivers for KVM, that add a substantial increase in speed for all io operations.
regards,
carlo daffara