[one-users] DATASTORE_BASE_PATH or BASE_PATH ?

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Mon Jun 23 18:13:12 PDT 2014

Hi Valerio

It is as stated in the docs. BASE_PATH for the DATASTORE template and
DATASTORE_BASE_PATH is the default set in oned.conf. Note that these two
guys go in different places. We prepend the DATASTORE for the oned.conf as
there are other configuration attributes for other systems in that file

Cheers

Ruben

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 1:06 AM, Valerio Schiavoni <
valerio.schiavoni at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> here
> http://docs.opennebula.org/4.6/administration/storage/fs_ds.html#host-configuration
> there is this note: “When needed, the front-end will access the datastores
> using BASE_PATH (defaults to /var/lib/one/datastores). You can set the
> BASE_PATH for the datastore at creation time.”
>
> Does it mean this rule only apply to the front-end, and not the hosts ?
>
> Also, the comments in oned.conf say:
>
> #  DATASTORE_BASE_PATH: This is the base path for the SOURCE attribute of
> #  the images registered in a Datastore. This is a default value, that can
> be
> #  changed when the datastore is created.
>

> So, which one is it, DATASTORE_BASE_PATH or just BASE_PATH ?
>

> Thanks,
> VAlerio

Ruben S. Montero, PhD
Project co-Lead and Chief Architect