[one-users] How to move an existing image from one datastore to another one?

Valerio Schiavoni valerio.schiavoni at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 06:53:33 PDT 2014

Hello,
we configured a new image datastore based on a shared filesystem.
We'd like to migrate few of our images (currently hosted on a different,
ssh-based datastore )  to this new datastore.

What would it be the less painful way to do this ?
I found this old message on the ML:
http://lists.opennebula.org/pipermail/users-opennebula.org/2013-May/023011.html

In there, Ruben says:

You can also re-gister the images again using a dummy path and then just mv
> the original SOURCE to the new one....

But, what if the image we want to move is a persistent image? Can you
provide an example?
Assume the previous datastore has id 100, the new one has id 106 and the
image we need to move has id 360, what is the sequence of commands you had
in mind ?

Best,
Valerio