[one-users] Generate a noVNC session token outside Sunstone

Stefan Kooman stefan at bit.nl
Thu Jun 19 08:27:50 PDT 2014

Quoting Rodrigue Chakode (rodrigue.chakode at gmail.com):
> Hi,
> Reading the OpenNebula documentation [1], it appears that noVNC session
> tokens are generated only when user clicks on the appropriate icon from
> Sunstone.
>
> That's OK.
>
> However, I would like to know if it's possible, subject to appropriate
> tunings or not, to generate and activate a noVNC session without logging
> into Sunstone?
> My concern is to be able to connect a VM through an external noVNC client.

Currently you cannot. You can mimic a user session to hit sunstone on
/vm/<id>/startvnc ... you will get a json-response with a key "token".
With that token you can connect to vnc proxy. It would be convenient if
a token could be retrieved through a xml-rpc call. We created feature request
#2655 for that [1].

Gr. Stefan

[1]: http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/2655