[one-users] Setting up a system datastore using ssh driver

kerryhall . kerryhall at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 15:47:34 PDT 2014

Sorry if I'm not understanding this correctly.

All running system disk images must fit in /var/lib/one on the frontend?
/var/lib/one is currently 1TB on my frontend, but I have hundreds of hosts,
each with 1-2TB of storage. I want the disk images for the running vms to
live on the hosts *only*.

If /var/lib/one/datastores/100 is a symlink to /one/system, but
/var/lib/one is an nfs share on the frontend, mounted on all nodes, that
means that the system disk images are going to be propagated to *all*
nodes, doesn't it?

I tested this with two worker nodes, and it looks like the disk images
propagate to /one/system to the respective nodes (checking on the host
itself), but sunstone is giving me errors for one of the worker nodes, but
not the other.

"Could not create domain from /var/lib/one//datastores/100/10/deployment.0"

Thanks for the help!!
Kerry