[one-users] NFS hard or soft mount for datastores?

ML mail mlnospam at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 02:06:31 PDT 2014

Thanks for your input! I will change my NFS mounts for hard instead of soft, as currently I have the following:

nfsserver:/data/01/one/datastores/100  /var/lib/one/datastores/100  nfs   soft,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192

any other options you might recommend or adapt?

On Wednesday, June 18, 2014 10:39 AM, Stefan Kooman <stefan at bit.nl> wrote:
Quoting ML mail (mlnospam at yahoo.com):

> Hello,
>
> I am using a Linux NFS server to store and run my VM images and would
> like to know what type of NFS mount does OpenNebula recommend for
> mounting the datastore NFS shares on my ONE hosts. Would you rather
> recommend hard or soft NFS mount options?

If you care about your data, never ever use soft mounts. You risk
corrupting all your vm images if something goes wrong with your
nfs server and/or network connecting all of it.

Gr. Stefan