[one-users] Ceph datastore monitoring in OpenNebula

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Tue Jun 17 05:55:45 PDT 2014

CEPH_USER is used when generating the libvirt/kvm deployment file but
not for DS monitoring:

* Deployment file generation:
https://github.com/OpenNebula/one/blob/one-4.6/src/vmm/LibVirtDriverKVM.cc#L461
* Monitoring: https://github.com/OpenNebula/one/blob/one-4.6/src/datastore_mad/remotes/ceph/monitor#L64

Ceph is not may area of expertise but you may need to add those
parameters to the monitor script a maybe to other scripts that use the
"rados" command. It may also be possible to modify the RADOS command
to have those parameters instead of modifying all the scripts:

https://github.com/OpenNebula/one/blob/one-4.6/src/mad/sh/scripts_common.sh#L40

As I said I don't know much about Ceph and it may be those credentials
could be set in a config file or so.

Javier Fontán Muiños
Developer
www.OpenNebula.org | @OpenNebula | github.com/jfontan