[one-users] VMs stuck in BOOT, probes consumed all processes

Hamada, Ondrej ondrej.hamada at acision.com
Wed Jun 11 03:33:37 PDT 2014

Hi everyone,
I've recently experienced a problem with ONE 4.4: My VMs were getting stuck in BOOT stage. I've discovered, that KVM monitor died on one node. The VMs were still running, but the probes were unable to get any information from them. Thus the monitoring of this host's VMs consumed all processes and it became impossible to deploy the VMs.

Is this a bug or just my misconfiguration?

Is there a way to set timeout for the probes? I've found VM_MONITORING_EXPIRATION_TIME, but according to its descriptions it affects only the collected information - not the process of collecting them.

O.Hamada