[one-users] Problem while creating VMs

Duverne, Cyrille cyrille.duverne at euranova.eu
Tue Jun 10 04:35:47 PDT 2014

Thanks a lot Martin and Stuart, that's much appreciated !

Concerning the second part about the template update, any thought ?

Regards
Cyrille

At Tuesday, 10/06/2014 on 11:45 Carlos Martín Sánchez wrote:

Hi,
On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 2:47 PM, Stuart Longland  wrote:

On 08/06/14 19:29, Duverne, Cyrille wrote:
> Hello Guys !
>
> I've upgraded to 4.6 and I'm now able to create VMs.
> Some questions still :
>
> - When, from sunstone, I want to create a new VM following a
template
> (4.2 compliant), they are stuck in PENDING state until I click on
> "Deploy" -> I've browse the doc without finding precise explanation
on
> this behaviour of the scheduler.

I've noticed this from time to time too.  Sometimes it's just a
matter
of waiting a few minutes for the scheduler to pick up on them, but
manually deploying seems to give the whole system the kicking it
needs.

The scheduling timer can be changed in the sched.conf file [1]..

If the scheduler can't find where to deploy a VM, the reason can be
found in the SCHED_MESSAGE variable (visible in the placement section
of the VM view in sunstone).

For more detailed reasons or error messages, you can check the
/var/log/one/sched.log file.

Regards

[1] http://docs.opennebula.org/4.6/administration/references/schg.html

--