[one-users] Virtual Network's permission not being enforced

Yudai Yamagishi yummy at yumnet.jp
Tue Jun 10 01:48:13 PDT 2014

Hi,

I’m having a problem where the virtual network’s permissions aren’t being enforced.
I have a Virtual Network with the following configuration:
--
$ onevnet show 10
VIRTUAL NETWORK 10 INFORMATION

PERMISSIONS
OWNER          : um-
GROUP          : ---
OTHER          : —

VIRTUAL NETWORK TEMPLATE
BRIDGE="br3001"
NETWORK_ADDRESS="10.0.0.0"
NETWORK_MASK="255.0.0.0"
PHYDEV=""
VLAN="NO"
VLAN_ID=""

RANGE
IP_START       : 10.0.0.1
IP_END         : 10.255.255.254

VIRTUAL MACHINES
—

What I am expecting is, the users except for oneadmin user shouldn’t be able to see nor use this virtual network.
However, in Sunstone, when I click “Attach Nic” in one of the VMs, I can see the VNETs which I should not have
permission to. Also, I can select the VNET and a NIC is attached to the VNET I don’t have USE permission to.
Everything else like VMs and Templates work as expected, only VNET that doesn’t seem to enforce permissions properly.

Is this a bug or is it something I missed in the documentation?
I’m currently using OpenNebula from git which was latest as of Mar 31.
(last commit is c191cee306c23f0d5c030cf24b7dadfc0d375088)

Thanks!
Yudai Yamagishi