[one-users] 4.4 Installation instructions are incorrect

kerryhall . kerryhall at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 15:45:09 PDT 2014

Hi folks,

I followed the instructions here:
http://docs.opennebula.org/4.4/design_and_installation/quick_starts/qs_centos_kvm.html#qs-centos-kvm

But I end up with version 4.6, not version 4.4. 4.6 is nice, but I would
like to use the "stable" version for my use, not the development version.

I managed to work around this by manually telling yum to install version
"4.4.1-1", but whenever I try to do yum update, it updates these packages
to 4.6. Of course, I could exclude these packages from yum updates which
seems to work. It might be nice to do whatever is necessary to allow one
package to not replace the other, perhaps in the same way that mysql 5.6
and mysql 5.5 can coexist on a system.

I would also like to see the documentation to be updated and correct. I
would be happy to collaborate on this with whoever has permissions to edit
the documentation.

Thanks,
Kerry