[one-users] Sharing images between clusters

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Mon Jun 9 09:52:23 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 11:31 AM, Andreas Calvo Gómez <
andreas.calvo at scytl.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to set up a DMZ zone and I'm struggling with datastores and TMs.
> The main goal is to provide an internal zone to work with VMs, and the
> publish the final image to the DMZ zone.
> Then, while starting the VM, select the cluster to deploy the image (using
> maybe SSH TM).
>
> Would it be possible to share images between clusters?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Andreas Calvo Gómez
> Systems Engineer

The Image Datastore cannot be in more than one cluster. You can however
move it to the none (-1) cluster, what makes it accessible to all hosts.

System Datastores can be selected for each deployment, but depending on the
Image Datastore the image may be used directly from the Image DS, not the
system one. There's more info about this in the storage section of the docs
[1], but feel free to come back with any questions.

Regards

[1] http://docs.opennebula.org/4.6/administration/storage/sm.html
--
Carlos Martín, MSc