[one-users] workflow to install a vm from cdrom

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Mon Jul 28 02:32:33 PDT 2014

On 25 July 2014 17:21, Thomas Stein <himbeere at meine-oma.de> wrote:

> On 25. Juli 2014 17:16:58 MESZ, Daniel Molina <dmolina at opennebula.org>
> wrote:
> >Hi Thomas,
>
> Hi Daniel.
>

> >What OpenNebula version are you
>
> 4.6.
>
>  running and what view is currently
> >using
> >the regular user?
>
> What do you mean? Are there more views? I'm talking about the user
> webinterface.

In OpenNebula 4.6 we included a new view for cloud consumers (cloud view)
[1]. In one < 4.6 user view was the same view as oneadmin but some of the
actions were disabled/hidden.

In the one-4.6 cloud view (user) when you power off a VM and save it, a new
image is created (only the first DISK, assuming this is the OS)  and a new
template is also created referencing this image.

The workflow you mentioned is only available through the oneadmin view.
Cloud consumers should not prepare images installing from a CDROM. One of
the use cases that we have seen is: oneadmin prepare a set of pristine
images installing from the CDROM or importing from the marketplace [2].
Cloud consumers can instantiate new VMs using these images and then saving
their changes into a new template+image.

Hope this helps

sunstone views:
http://docs.opennebula.org/4.6/administration/sunstone_gui/suns_views.html

[1]
http://docs.opennebula.org/4.6/administration/sunstone_gui/cloud_view.html
[2] http://marketplace.c12g.com/appliance

> thanks
> t.
>

> >Cheers

> >> What works to is "onevm disk-snapshot 9 1 centos7". But this is not
> >> available for the user too.
> >>
> >> cheers
> >> t.

> >problem