[one-users] OVH (So You Start) + OpenNebula + 1 IP

Pablo Hinojosa Nava pablohn6 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 19:07:58 PDT 2014

Hi all,
first of all, thanks for your assistance.
Finally I have bought 8 ip's to have a easier network set up.I did not find
how to automatize the creation ov vms with NAT network and port
redirections.

In relation with the problem with OVH and the connection lost when you
attach a bridge to an interface, it is fixed.
The problem was the next:
reading this
http://docs.opennebula.org/4.6/design_and_installation/quick_starts/qs_ubuntu_kvm.html#configure-the-network
I supposed I should leave the eth0 definition without change it. I mean, I
would have to add the br0 definition below the eth0 definition. I did not
realised that the /etc/network/interfaces must have only defined lo and br0
(attached to eth0) as it is documented. Having br0 with the main IP and lo
is how the interfaces should be set up.

So if you have the same problem, put the same network configuration than
the documented one.

Cheers,

Pablo Hinojosa.
PabloHinojosa.is