[one-users] Odp.: Re: VM Failed with Windows OS

Lorenzo Faleschini lorenzo.faleschini at nordestsystems.com
Fri Jul 18 06:17:04 PDT 2014

Il 18/07/2014 14:47, Sudeep Narayan Banerjee ha scritto:
> Hello All,
>
> I followed your advice & now I installed the RedHat Virtio drivers and
> it detected the HDD from virt-install command.
>
> Finally it created & instantiated the image, template & VM.
>
> For past 20mins the VM is in Prolog mode.
>
> Whereas,            virt-viewer -c qemu:///system Win7 is still
> running & viewable.

do you mean you manually ran the kvm machine (outside ONE) then when
still running tried to instantiate it from the onetemplate on the same
server using the same image?

if so shutdown that vm first then instantiate it.

BUT
I usually prefer doing everything in ONE rather than creating otherwise
and then importing.
my suggestion is to start from scratch:

- create an empty datablock image (raw or qcow2) we'll call WINDRIVEC
- change type to from DATABLOCK to OS for WINDRIVEC
- mark it as persistent for convenience while you install reboot and
eventually change the template to your needs
- create a template for the windows machine defining 2 cdrom images
(virtiodrivers and win7installdvd) and a virtio (DEV_PREFIX=vd) entry
for WINDRIVEC
- boot the template
- attach console and when prompted where to install Windows you will
have to choose "load driver" here a screenshot to help you
http://minus.com/l7EqEC9VvJOWG
- then you will just install it as a common vm

hope this will help you to solve your WINightmare
just my 2cents