[one-users] Secondary ip to virtio interface.

Leszek Master keksior at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 04:55:02 PDT 2014

Hello. I've got problem with adding secondary ip to my VM network
interface. If i add ip using:

ip a a 192.168.100.100/24 brd 192.168.100.255 dev eth0

it won't resolve to pings. I used tcpdump on this interface inside vm and
it responds to ping, but the response does go to a diffrent mac that it
should go. By a mistake i found the temporary solution to this problem by
adding secondary interface to a vm, reboot it, then remove secondary
interface and reboot second time. Then it works as it should.

Do anyone had similiar problem ? How can i repair that to get secondary ip
working normally without adding and removing interfaces?

Best regards.